Monday, April 6, 2009

Being the Hands of God


















While in Ecuador we had a great experience. We had been contacted by a family here in Utah and asked to take a suitcase and an envelop with a letter and money to a woman who had been their maid for 5 years. They said she was desperate and needed help. Of course we agreed. She lived outside Tena. That is the jungle area of Ecuador. We expected to go up some street and knock on the door to deliver her package...NO...When we gave the driver the address, he drove out into the jungle for over 40 minutes, through 2 streams, over a hanging bridge and for miles on bumpy dirt roads that looked like they were going to no where. I adsolutely marveled that he knew where he was going in this forested area. But finally we pulled down into a little clearing. We called her name and she walked out wondering what was going on. We first handed her the envelop. When she saw who it was from she broke into tears and clutched the unopened package to her breast. She thanked us endlessly and then said, "I know God knows me", "I know He knows where I am". It was a most tender experience. She was overjoyed with the money and suitcase full of clothes and fabric. But the spirit whispered to me "I have no hands but your hands". I was so blessed to participate in this act of love from the Utah family and from Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I love this story. I can't believe they drive cars over that bridge. SCARY!!! You are a blessed woman to have been the hands!!!

Clint Carter said...

Very touching story.