Sunday, February 22, 2009
















I have been thinking for some weeks about a question that my Granddaughter Katie asked me. She said, "Grandma, why don't you live here any more? Why do you live in Utah so far away from us? It just about killed me!! I hugged her and tried to explain but I'm sure it didn't come out right. I miss them so much. I miss Clint dropping by to see if we're still alive. I miss the hot tub and the kids splashing around on Monday night after FHE. I miss going to their programs and seeing them play and perform. I miss Lukie and Megan. I love to open the Sant door and hear Luke say" Grandma!!! and come running for a hug. I love hearing Tom play the piano and see Will play soccer. I'd love to be the 4-H teacher for Tara and Savanna and teach them to sew. I MISS MY HOUSE.
So why am I here? Because I prayed to Heavenly Father about what HE wanted me to be doing RIGHT NOW!!! And the answer is...You need to be with Grandpa helping people who don't have schools and houses and moms and dads that love them...people who don't have schools with playgrounds and computers. Heavenly Father answered my prayer. I was angry when Grandpa wanted to leave Twin Falls!! But he asked me to pray about what we should do. This was the answer!! Although, Katie, this wasn't a mission call from President Monson, it was a mission call from his boss. It has been hard but we have been blessed. There have been some amazing miracles that have continued to confirm that our prayers were answered. So I hope you understand Katie, and all of you that I miss and love, that I'm trying to be obedient. Grandpa and I are on a mission that we feel is very important. One of these days, Heavenly Father will ask you to go on a mission or do some important thing he needs you to do. You can be brave and obedient too and say. "I will go, I will do, the thing the Lord commands" . I know He can count on the Carter Clan! (that includes all you Sants and Wights and Gremmerts and Hirschis) Please pray for us and help us as we do this work. Love, Grandma Nana

1 comment:

Melinda said...

That is a great way to put it. I'll make sure all the kids read this. I was told on my mission that I was trading memories. Trading great memories of tradition etc with my family for great memories of testimony and conversion!!! Both are priceless.